These eggnog cookies are made with prepared eggnog and spices. The cookies are perfect for tree-trimming and holiday guests.
The cookies are very easy to prepare, just mix, drop, and bake. No chilling or extra steps are required. To dress them up a bit, press a pecan or walnut half into the tops of the cookies just before baking.
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (ground, plus more for sprinkling, if desired)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar (granulated)
- 3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup eggnog (purchased)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 300 F (150 C/Gas 2). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Or spray the baking sheets lightly with baking spray.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend well with a whisk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks; beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Using a teaspoon or small cookie scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between the cookies.
- If desired, sprinkle each mound of cookie dough with more nutmeg.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies to a rack with a spatula.