|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Not only is this coleslaw colorful, but is also delicious. The tartness of the Granny Smith apple combined with honey and Dijon mustard makes this slaw rich in flavor. Use on pulled pork and chicken sandwiches or burgers. Of course, this slaw can be served as a side dish as well.
- 1/2 head red cabbage (chopped)
- 1/2 head white cabbage (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (shredded)
- 1 cup (240 mL) jicama (shredded)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (seeded, cored, and shredded)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) honey
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
Combine vinegar, honey, mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds in a large bowl.
Add cabbage, green onions, carrot, apple, and jicama to the mixture.
Toss to coat, cover, and place into refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.