A simple, easy and delicious way to make homemade watermelon popsicles. Just remove the seeds (or buy deseeded watermelon), blend, freeze and enjoy! You do, however, need a popsicle tray in order to make this simple treat at home.
Watermelon is a popsicle lover's dream come true! Popsicles need to be sweet and a bit watery to freeze just perfectly, and watermelon is both sweet and plenty juicy. If your watermelon isn't top notch, you may want to add a little agave nectar to sweeten the mix before freezing. Otherwise, enjoy nature's perfection all on its own! And if you have a high-powered blender, no need to remove the seeds, they will blend up and they're good for you too!
These easy watermelon popsicles are the perfect healthy and delicious (and easy to prepare!) summer treat for kids. They're healthy, sugar-free, vegan, gluten-free of course, and they are even suitable for a raw vegan food diet. What's not to love?
If you like these simple homemade watermelon popsicles, you might also want to try these healthy veggie-packed green smoothie popsicles.
- 2 1/2 cups deseeded watermelon
- For the Optional Flavorings:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon food-grade rosewater
- To make your watermelon popsicles, simply blend up the watermelon and any other flavor ingredients (you can add a little liquid sweetener such as brown rice syrup or agave nectar, or, add vanilla, a bit of lime juice or rosewater, depending on your tastes) in a blender.
- Next, pour the blended watermelon mixture into popsicle trays. Freeze for 3 to 4 hours or until your watermelon popsicles are frozen solid.
- To enjoy your watermelon popsicles, you'll want to remove them from the freezer to allow them to defrost a bit for about 5 minutes before trying to remove the popsicle from the tray. Otherwise, you run the risk of pulling the stick out.
- You can also try running the popsicle tray (upside-down) under very warm (but not hot!) water to melt the outsides and loosen them up, making them easy to remove.
That's it! Enjoy your simple, healthy and delicious homemade summer treat!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|