This nectarine cake is made with fresh nectarines and peach nectar. Feel free to substitute fresh or frozen finely chopped peaches.
This cake is baked in a Bundt cake pan, but a one-piece tube cake pan may be substituted. A cake mix makes it a very easy cake to prepare and bake.
Peach Pound Cake
- 5 to 6 nectarines, peeled, pitted, finely chopped, about 2 1/2 to 3 cups finely chopped
- 3/4 cup peach nectar or apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) yellow, butter, butter pecan, or vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Generously grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan. Make sure you get all the nooks and crannies. Or use a one-piece tube cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the vegetable oil and peach nectar until thoroughly blended. Add the ground cinnamon and cake mix and beat on low speed until blended. Increase the mixer speed to high and continue beating for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the finely chopped nectarines (or peaches) and chopped pecans.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched with a finger. A toothpick or skewer inserted into the cake should come out clean when the cake is done.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes; invert onto the rack to cool completely and then move it to a serving plate.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|