This typical Spanish tapa is simple, quick and easy. Green and yellow peppers fried with Spanish chorizo sausage and garlic make a colorful addition to the table.
Serve on a platter in the center of the table and mound the mixture on slices of fresh rustic bread. It is also a great first course or accompaniment to scrambled eggs.
- 2 peppers (long, green)
- 1 bell pepper (yellow)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 pound/1/4 kg sausages (fresh chorizo)
- 4 to 5 tablespoons olive oil (Spanish)
- Pinch salt (or to taste)
- Rinse green and yellow peppers, then remove stems, seeds, and membranes.
- Cut into lengthwise slices, about 1/3-inch wide.
- Peel and finely chop garlic and set aside.
- Cut chorizo into 1-inch lengths.
- Pour 4 to 5 tablespoons olive oil into a heavy-bottomed frying pan and heat.
- When the oil is hot, fry chorizo pieces and pepper strips, stirring often.
- When peppers are browned and almost cooked, add minced garlic and continue to fry.
- When chorizo and peppers are completely cooked, serve on a platter with rustic bread.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||39 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|