This fruit cobbler — similar to a dump cake — is an easy and popular dessert. Use your favorite fruit pie filling in this easy cobbler recipe. Apple, peach, cherry, blueberry, strawberry and strawberry rhubarb are all good choices.
This cobbler was made with cherry pie filling and baked for about 55 minutes. The baking dish was placed in the oven with the butter and by the time the oven was at temperature, the butter had melted. It took no more than 8 to 10 minutes to make the batter and dump everything in the baking dish.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- Dash salt
- 1 can (20 ounces) fruit pie filling
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in an 8-inch square baking dish or a 9-inch round baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Mix until well blended.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven when the butter has melted. Pour the batter over the butter.
- Pour pie filling over the top of the batter.
- Bake at in the preheated 350 F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until crust is golden brown around the edges. It might look buttery on top, but the butter will sink into the cake as it cools a bit.
Tips and Variations
- The recipe may be doubled and baked in a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Streusel Topping: Combine 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar (light or dark) with 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of chilled butter. Mix with a pastry blender to make crumbs. Add 1/4 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts. Sprinkle the streusel over the pie filling layer and bake as directed.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|