Funnel Cake is a very popular fried treat that is served at fairs and carnivals. They are delicious warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar. You can also top them with apple or cherry pie filling with ice cream too for a more decadent dessert.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl with wire whisk.
- In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Add sugar, stir to dissolve.
- Add dry ingredients and (using an electric mixer) beat until smooth.
- Heat at least 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees F. in either in a deep fryer or a skillet.
- To form each funnel cake, place one finger over the hole at the bottom of the funnel. Carefully fill the funnel with batter. Over hot oil, remove finger and allow batter in go into oil. Make circular or other shapes with batter. Cook for 1 minute and using tongs or two spatulas turn funnel cake.
- Cook until golden brown, about another minute or so. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with sugar or use other toppings. Serve warm.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|