This ham loaf is a great way to use that leftover ham, and it would be delicious with baked sweet potatoes.
The loaf is prepared in a loaf pan with oats and it is flavored with parsley, onions, and mustard. A tangy brown sugar and vinegar sauce is added just before the ham loaf goes into the oven.
Serve this ham loaf with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables or a salad.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan
- Combine ground ham, mustard, chopped onion, parsley, oats, milk, and egg; mix well to blend and form into a loaf in the prepared loaf pan.
- Combine the brown sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture over ham loaf.
- Bake the ham loaf in the preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- If desired, garnish with tomato slices, spinach leaves, and hard-cooked egg slices.
*Grind leftover ham or ham steaks in a meat grinder using a coarse setting, or put it in the food processor and pulse until it's minced into pieces similar to ground beef.
Tip: Use Dijon mustard or a gourmet mustard in the ham loaf.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|