These easy sweet potatoes are glazed with a fabulous mixture of maple syrup, brown sugar, and cinnamon. The potatoes are boiled briefly before they are sliced, so they take less time in the oven than similar recipes.
Serve the delicious caramelized sweet potatoes with a ham dinner or pork chops.
- 2 pounds medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and then place them in a large saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring the sweet potatoes to a boil; reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them and cut them into chunks or thick slices.
- Place the cut-up sweet potatoes in a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; cook until mixture boils. Pour over potatoes in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and nicely glazed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|