This moist and delicious gold cake makes a delicious dessert with your favorite filling and frosting. If you're looking for a "from scratch" yellow layer cake recipe, this is an excellent choice.
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour, 9 1/2 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening, room temperature
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 unbeaten eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease two 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans. Cut out rounds of parchment paper or wax paper; put in the greased pans and grease paper lightly.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the shortening, 3/4 cup of the milk, and vanilla. With an electric mixer, beat on low to combine, then increase to high speed and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup milk and the eggs; beat on high speed for 2 minutes longer.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared cake pans and spread (about 17 ounces for each pan).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes in pan on wire racks, then remove cake from pans and cool completely before frosting.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|