If you're new to grilling steaks or a fan of simplicity, then this recipe is for you. Filet mignon is a delicious, tender cut of beef that really benefits from the grill. Serve with a side of twice baked potatoes and grilled vegetables.
- 4 filet mignon, about 1 3/4 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt (or coarse salt)
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL grapeseed or avocado oil
- Preheat grill to high heat. Combine salt and black pepper. Rub onto both sides of steak and placed onto well-oiled grill grates; use a high smoke point oil like grapeseed or avocado.
- Cook steaks 5 to 6 minutes per side or until it reaches preferred doneness. Remove from grill and let steaks rest for 5 minutes.
- Plate with your favorite sides.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can top the steaks with sauteed onions, mushrooms, or your favorite sauce reductions.
Reduce or increase recipe ingredients based on the quantity of steaks cooked.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|