Sunchokes, also called Jerusalem artichokes are absolutely delicious when grilled, and pick up lovely charred grill marks quite well. Whether you're grilling for vegetarians, vegans or not, grilled sunchokes will be a welcome addition to your barbecue menu.
See also: What are sunchokes?
- 2 pounds sunchokes (chopped into ½ inch slices)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or sunflower oil, for brushing)
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash pepper (or to taste)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Brush sliced sunchokes well with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper, to taste, and place directly on a well-greased hot grill.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes, turning as needed until sunchokes are soft and well grill marked. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.
- Enjoy your grilled sunchokes!
- Looking for more vegetarian or vegetable grill recipes? Look no further! There's plenty of vegetarian and vegetable grill recipes here.