This is a simple recipe for a grilled standing rib roast. You can top with horseradish or an herb butter of your choice. Serve with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables for a delectable treat.
- 1 (4-5 pounds) rib roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat and prepare for indirect grilling.
- Lightly wipe grill rack with olive oil.
- Make small slits in the roast and place garlic slices inside.
- Coat with salt and pepper and place on the hot part of the grill.
- Sear meat on all sides for 3 to 4 minutes each.
- Move roast to a cooler part of grill, cover, and allow to cook for over 1 1/2 hours, or until internal temperatures reach between 135-140 F. (57-60 C.) for medium-rare.
- Once cooked to desired doneness, remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|