This delicious ham and rice jambalaya recipe is easy to prepare. This one-skillet meal is made with ham, tomatoes, rice, and peppers, along with traditional seasonings. Try making this the next time you're not sure what to make for dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked diced ham
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven or heavy large saucepan; add onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned.
- Add ham and rice; cook and stir until rice is well coated with oil. Add thyme, salt, hot sauce, tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper sauce as needed.
Serves 4 to 5.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|