This delicious treat couldn't be any easier to prepare but is impossible to resist.
For making Haystacks, otherwise known as Chocolate Spiders, just melt the chocolate and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Drop onto a prepared work surface. Once they harden, they are ready to eat. In fact, the most difficult part about this recipe is getting everyone to wait long enough for that to happen.
- 12 ounce package chocolate chips (semisweet)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk)
- 1 can chow mein noodles
- 1 cup peanuts (lightly salted and dry roasted, coarsely chopped)
- In the top of double boiler, melt chips.
- Remove from heat and stir in noodles and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonful (I used an iced teaspoon) into lightly greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups.
- Set in refrigerator until set (approximately 20 minutes).
Recipes to Make with Chocolate Chips
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|