Imagine you have a hot breakfast ready to eat in the morning, and you didn't have to lift a finger! With this multi-grain combination, it's easy! Just combine ingredients before you go to bed and wake up to a delicious bowl of mixed grain cereal.
This recipe includes four kinds of grain sweetened with coconut. Feel free to add some dried cranberries or raisins to the cereal mixture or add about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar if you want a sweeter cereal.
- 1/4 cup cracked wheat
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup coconut, sweetened or not
- 1/4 cup pearl barley
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 cups water
- Butter the inside of the crockery insert of the slow cooker.
- Add the cracked wheat, oats, coconut, pearl barley, brown rice, and salt to the crock pot.
- Add the water and stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Add about 1/4 cup of chopped dried fruit to the crock pot along with the grains.
- Serve with a garnish of chopped dried fruit or cinnamon sugar.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|