A simple and easy vegetarian tempeh recipe. In this vegetarian and vegan Indonesian-inspired recipe, tempeh is simmered in a sweetened and thickened soy sauce, similar to the sauces of Indonesia. Inspiring!
If you like exploring global cuisines, be sure to check out this collection of vegetarian recipes from around the world.
Scroll down for more meat-free tempeh recipes to try.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 block of tempeh, cut into 1/2 inch cubes and fried
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok.
- Add onion and fry until the onion turns translucent.
- Add tomato and fry for 2-3 minutes more. Then, add the soy sauce, sugar and tempeh and mix until well coated. Add a bit of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve hot over steamed rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|