This cheesecake is completely homemade, and it takes just minutes to prepare.
From the homemade cinnamon-spiced graham cracker crust to the luscious double layer pumpkin filling, this cheesecake will look (and taste!) like you spent half the day in the kitchen!
The cheesecake is made in a 9 1/2- X1 3/4-inch deep dish pie plate. If your pie plate is slightly smaller, you might have a little extra filling. There's very little expansion, so you can fill it nearly to the rim. Just be careful moving it to the oven!
If you do plan to use a smaller "ready" crust, we listed the measurements for a smaller amount of filling below the recipe.
Make this cheesecake at least 4 hours before you plan to serve it to give it plenty of chilling time.
- For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 8 tablespoons/1 stick butter (melted)
- For the Vanilla and Pumpkin Filling:
- 24 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- Optional: 2 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
- Optional: 1 cup caramel sauce (or butterscotch sauce for serving)
- Heat the oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5).
- For the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 8 tablespoons of melted butter in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly until all crumbs are blended into the butter.
- Spread the crumbs in a 9- to 10-inch pie plate and tamp down firmly over the bottom and the sides.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 F (165 C/Gas 3).
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the 3/4 cup of brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until well blended. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture into the cooled crust.
- Into the remaining cream cheese mixture, beat the pumpkin, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and the nutmeg. Spread over the first layer.
- Bake the pie for 40 to 50 minutes, until set and just slightly jiggly in the center.
- Cool on a rack. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled (about 3 to 4 hours) before slicing.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel or butterscotch sauce, if desired.
Serves 8, or up to 12 if slices are quite small.
Filling amounts for a smaller pie:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
Follow the directions above, using 1 cup of the plain vanilla filling for the bottom layer. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.
Top the whole pie with whipped cream or whipped topping before serving, or add a generous dollop to each serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||49 g|
|Saturated Fat||28 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|