|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 40g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||84%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is an easy pot roast with vegetables and sour cream, along with cream of mushroom soup and other ingredients.
- 1 (3 to 4-pound) boneless roast (rump, chuck, or other pot roast cut, trimmed)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 4 carrots (cut into 1-inch chunks, or use 1 1/2 to 2 cups baby carrots)
- 1 large onion (cut into large chunks)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
Place roast in bottom of crock pot; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Add potatoes, carrots, and onions. Pour both cans of soup over the onion layer.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
Combine sour cream and milk; stir into the juices and continue cooking for 20 minutes, until heated through.
- If the juices need to be thickened a little more, blend some flour with a little water to make a smooth, thick mixture. Transfer juices to a saucepan. Slowly stir some into the simmering or boiling liquid until thickened as you like it.