This lemonade recipe makes the freshest, tastiest lemonade you'll ever try. Indeed, once you try this lemonade recipe, you'll never go back to bottled or powdered lemonade again.
Feel free to adjust the sweetness of this lemonade recipe by adding more or less sugar to suit your taste. A sprig of fresh mint makes the perfect garnish for this lemonade recipe.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar (granulated)
- 6 cups water (cold, divided)
- 5-8 lemons
- Combine sugar and 1 cup of the water in a medium (2- or 3-quart) saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir until all the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate this mixture (simple syrup) while you make the rest of the lemonade.
- Juice the lemons over a strainer, until you have 1 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Add the lemon juice to the remaining 5 cups of cold water. Stir in the refrigerated simple syrup (sugar and water mixture).
- Garnish with lemon slices or fresh mint, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|