Maamoul is a cookie like nut-filled pastry. It can be filled with a variety of nuts but is best made with walnuts, pistachios, or almonds. This maamoul recipe is not only easy but delicious!
These nutty cookies normally served during celebrations, but we sneak it in our home several times a year because they are just so good!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and semolina. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, beat together butter for 30 to 45 seconds. Slowly add in flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in milk, allspice, and orange blossom water.
- Roll dough into 12 pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine nuts and sugar. Set aside.
- Grab your dough and push 2-inch circles into it, then place onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of nut mixture on top of dough. Fold and press dough together to seal the filling. Repeat with remaining dough and nut mixture.
- Bake maamoul for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|