|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
These easy meatballs are flavored with dried herbs and fresh parsley and baked to perfection. Use 85% ground beef for the most flavorful and moist meatballs.
Enjoy these tasty meatballs in your favorite pasta sauce or serve from the slow cooker with a barbecue sauce, sweet and sour sauce and pineapple chunks, or other appetizer sauce.
- 2 pounds 85% ground beef
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs (garlic flavored or plain)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk or evaporated milk
Heat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking pan or roasting pan with foil and place a large cooling rack on the foil.
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef with the bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, dried thyme, basil, and oregano, the salt and pepper, beaten egg, and milk. Mix with hands until well blended.
Shape into 1-inch meatballs using hands or a cookie scoop. Place on the rack.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until cooked through and nicely browned.
Tip: To keep the mess to a minimum, put the ingredients in a large food-storage bag, close it, and squeeze the bag to blend ingredients. Alternatively, use disposable gloves to mix ingredients. The paddle attachment of a stand mixer does a good job, but take care not to overmix if you use the mixer.