This recipe works as well with frozen berries as it does fresh, in-season berries that can include raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, marionberries, gooseberries and others. Let your taste be your guide.
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen, sliced)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, 1 cup fresh or frozen sliced strawberries, 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and bring to a simmer over medium heat until sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes. Adjust sugar, adding up to 1/4 cup more (or to taste) if necessary, and cook until dissolved.
- Purée the berry mixture in a blender or food processor and return to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add an additional 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste, if necessary.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, 1/2 cup fresh or frozen sliced strawberries and 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, and simmer until sauce is hot.
- Sauce can be served hot or cold.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|