|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 cake (8 to 10 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 35g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Total Carbohydrate 100g||36%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||22%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This quick and easy Moroccan chocolate cake recipe yields a moist, tender cake very similar to Devil's food cake. It's one of my kids' favorites. Use conventional measuring cups, or follow the traditional Moroccan measures using a soup bowl and tea glass.
- Conventional Measures:
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk or water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Traditional Moroccan Measures:
- 4 eggs
- 1 full soup bowl of sugar
- 2/3 soup bowl of vegetable oil
- 1 heaping soup bowl of flour
- 1 1/2 tea glasses of unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- 2 sachets of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 soup bowl of milk or water
- 2 sachets of vanilla sugar
Preheat your oven to 350 F/180 C. Grease and flour a 9" x 12" rectangular pan.
With an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar and oil until thick and creamy. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, milk, and vanilla. Beat for a minute or two, until the batter is very smooth.
Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes, or just until the cake tests are done. Do not over bake. Allow to cool in the pan on a rack.
- Serve the cake plain, or dusted with powdered sugar.