|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
These orange ball confections are wonderful for any party or occasion, and they are very easy to prepare. No baking required!
I first had orange balls when I lived in Mississippi, and I fell instantly in love with them. I had to have the recipe! They're similar to bourbon balls in the way they're made. Thawed frozen orange juice concentrate gives them their vibrant orange flavor.
- 12 ounces vanilla wafer cookies (finely crushed)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (plus more for coating)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 sifted confectioners' sugar (or coconut for coating)
Combine the vanilla wafer cookie crumbs and 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
Add the butter to the crumbs and blend in.
Stir in the thawed orange juice concentrate; add vanilla and nuts. Mix with your hands.
Shape mixture into balls about the size of walnuts; shake in food storage bag with sifted confectioners' sugar or coconut.
Arrange orange balls in single layer on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet; store uncovered overnight in the refrigerator for best flavor.