This easy pineapple cheesecake is prepared in a graham cracker crust in a springform pan. Even the crust is no-bake, which is perfect for hot summer days when you want to avoid the oven.
The luscious pineapple cheesecake is a mixture of cream cheese, crushed pineapple, and whipped topping, and it is super easy to mix and chill in the graham cracker crust. Take this cheesecake to a cookout or potluck, or make it for a weekend dessert. It will be an instant hit!
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 16 ounces whipped topping
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with the granulated sugar and melted butter. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the crumbs in a small bowl and set aside. Press the remaining crumbs into the bottom of an 8 to 9-inch springform pan. Put the crust in the refrigerator to chill while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the confectioners' sugar until fluffy; add the crushed pineapple and blend well. Fold the whipped topping into the pineapple mixture.
- Spread the filling over the chilled crust and sprinkle with the reserved graham cracker crumbs; cover with plastic wrap and chill thoroughly before serving.
Makes 8 to 12 servings.
Tips and Variations
- If you prefer a baked graham cracker crust, bake the crust in a preheated 350 F (180 C/Gas 4) oven for about 8 to 10 minutes. Chill before filling.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of finely chopped pecans to the graham cracker bottom crust mixture.
- Double the crust ingredients for a thicker bottom crust.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|