- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch nutmeg (fresh-grated if possible)
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Place four 6-ounce custard cups in a larger baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, salt, and sugar.
- Divide the custard mixture evenly among the custard cups; fill the pan with hot water to a depth almost even to the top of the custard.
- Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg and bake in the preheated oven for about 40 to 55 minutes, or until custard is set. This depends on the depth of the baking dish. The custard will still have a slight jiggle in the center; a knife inserted in center should come out clean.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|