A quick and easy recipe for onion burgers bursting with flavor. This recipe is perfect for weeknight meals, tailgating, game day, or cookout.
- 2 pounds/900 grams of ground beef (preferably sirloin or round)
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters ketchup (or tomato paste)
- 1 teaspoon/5 milliliters sea salt
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup/120 milliliters mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons/22.5 milliliters steak sauce
Combine ground beef with soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup (or tomato sauce), and salt.
Form into 6 equal-sized patties.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
Place patties onto grill and cook for 6 to 7 minutes per side (or until internal temperature reaches a safe 165 degrees). During the last minute or two of cook time, place 1 slice of Swiss cheese on each patty.
Once the cheese has melted and patties are cooked through, remove from heat and place onto a cookie sheet or platter. Cover with aluminum foil.
To prepare burger topping, simply combine mayonnaise and steak sauce until mixed through. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days after preparation.
Assemble hamburgers and top off with mayonnaise mixture.