|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 2 dozen (24 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||38%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These delicious bars are made with our favorite s'mores ingredients: graham crackers, milk chocolate, and miniature marshmallows. They're easy to make, and you don't need a campfire! Feel free to tailor the recipe with some chopped nuts or coconut, or use semisweet or white chocolate chips. A combination of chocolate and peanut butter would be excellent as well.
The buttery crushed graham cracker crust is topped with milk chocolate chips or plain milk chocolate bars and mini marshmallows for a delicious oven-baked s'mores treat.
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 18 graham crackers (crushed, about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips or 8 chocolate bars (12 ounces)
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
Gather the ingredients. Heat oven to 350 F/180 C/Gas 4 and butter the bottom and sides of a 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
Combine the butter and sugar; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in crushed graham crackers, flour, and salt.
Stir in crushed graham crackers, flour, and salt.
Reserve 1 cup of the graham cracker mixture and press the remaining mixture over the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Evenly sprinkle the graham cracker layer with chocolate chips, or place chocolate bars in a single layer.
Top the chocolate layer with marshmallows.
Sprinkle the crumbled reserved graham cracker mixture over the marshmallows.
Bake the S'mores bars for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Cut into bars and cool completely.
- Semisweet chocolate bars or chocolate bars with nuts may be substituted for the plain milk chocolate candy bars.
- Add 1/2 cup of finely chopped pecans to the crushed graham crackers for extra crunch.
- Sprinkle raisins over the graham cracker layer before the chocolate.
- Use multicolored marshmallows instead of plain white.