This easy Parmesan and herb-coated chicken makes a great everyday meal the family will love. Serve as is with vegetables and potatoes or rice. Or, add a marinara sauce and melt some Mozzarella cheese over the chicken and serve it with spaghetti.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Lightly grease a shallow baking dish. Heat oven to 375°.
- Put chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly to thin and then flatten to an even thickness. Dip chicken pieces in melted butter; sprinkle both sides of chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in food processor and pulse a few times, until Parmesan cheese is broken into smaller pieces but still has texture.
- Pour out onto a sheet of waxed paper or plate.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the breadcrumb mixture and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the chicken for about 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, turning once about halfway through cooking time. If chicken is pounded quite thin, check for doneness at about 20 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||83 g|
|Saturated Fat||27 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||32 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|