|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Sweet, gooey, and oh-so-decadent -- it's easy to love pecan pie! Here is a simple recipe that helps you whip up this down-home treat with ease. You can top this rich, delicious pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
A ready-made graham cracker pie shell makes the preparation a snap, or experiment a bit by baking it in a cookie crumb crust.
More Pecan Pie Recipe Delights
- 7 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 1 prepared 8-inch graham cracker pie shell or cookie crumb pie shell
In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, eggs, whipping cream, corn syrup, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar; mix well. Stir in pecans.
Pour mixture into the prepared crust.
Place pie on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until the top of the pie is browned and puffy.
Watch carefully to prevent burning.
The filling will firm as it cools.
Serve with ice cream, whipped cream, or whipped topping.