This flavorful pineapple casserole is made with bread cubes, pineapple, a little sugar, and eggs. Serve this delicious casserole with baked ham, smoked shoulder, or roast pork.
It's a surprisingly easy casserole and it complements baked ham beautifully. I used about 16 ounces of crushed pineapple in the casserole.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple (crushed, in juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups bread (fresh, cubed)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine the undrained pineapple with salt, sugar, and flour. Stir in the beaten eggs.
- Toss bread cubes with the melted butter; fold into the pineapple mixture.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake in the preheated 350 F for 40 to 50 minutes, or until set.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|