This flavorful pineapple casserole is made with bread cubes, pineapple, a little sugar, and eggs.
It's a surprisingly easy casserole and it complements baked ham beautifully.
- 2 (8-ounce) cans crushed pineapple (in juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups bread (fresh, cubed)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine the undrained pineapple with salt, sugar, and flour.
- Stir in the beaten eggs.
- Toss bread cubes with the melted butter.
- Fold into the pineapple mixture.
- Pour the pineapple mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake in the preheated 350 F for 40 to 50 minutes, or until set.
- Serve this delicious casserole with baked ham, smoked shoulder, or roast pork.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|