This ground beef casserole is a snap to prepare and bake, and with the noodles and corn, it's a meal in one dish. Make this casserole for an everyday family meal and serve with a salad and biscuits.
Hamburger and Noodle Skillet
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, quartered, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups fine noodles, about 4 ounces (uncooked)
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can of water
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4). Lightly butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet or saute pan, brown the ground beef, breaking it up into chunks as it cooks.
- Drain off excess grease; stir in onion, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the uncooked noodles. Combine corn, soup, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour sauce over noodles; stir gently to blend the sauce with the noodles and ground beef.
- Cover dish and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until the noodles are tender.
Add about 1/2 to 1 cup of diced bell pepper to the skillet along with the onions.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|