It's recommended that you use a spiralizer or immersion blender into the pot (if you don't have one, and you like pureed soups and sauces, it’s a great investment) in order to make this lovely, simple pureed vegetable soup.
You do not need a spiralizer to make this happen, and you can make this with any vegetables you have on hand -- just chop them up and simmer until tender, then puree.
- 6 cups various chopped vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, regular potatoes (Idaho, all-purpose, Yukon, red, white, etc.) butternut squash, zucchini, onions
- 8 cups less-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream (optional)
- In a large pot, combine the vegetables and broth. Bring to a simmer over high heat, reduce the heat, and simmer partially covered, until all of the vegetables are very tender.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup until smooth, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cream if desired, and serve hot in bowls.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|