Spoon this sweet rhubarb sauce over pancakes or waffles, or use it as an ice cream sauce.
- 1 pound rhubarb (sliced)
- 1 1/4 cup sugar (use less if rhubarb is relatively sweet)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Optional: 4 drops red food coloring
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rhubarb with about 1/2 inch of water.
- Add sugar; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender. Stir occasionally and add more water if necessary.
- Spoon into blender container; blend until mixture is smooth.
- Add cornstarch and a few drops of red food coloring, or until the desired color is reached.
- Return rhubarb sauce mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened.
- Serve the sauce over pancakes, bread pudding, pound cake, or ice cream.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|