This roasted cauliflower recipe is always a hit, because roasting brings out cauliflower's natural sweetness. Lemon juice adds a bit of zing to this recipe, balancing out the mellow garlic and cauliflower combination. It's a super simple recipe that lets the oven do most of the work.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- Dash freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets of roughly the same size. Toss with olive oil and garlic.
- Spread out in an even layer on a sturdy baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt. Roast 10 minutes.
- Turn and roast another 5-15 minutes, until cauliflower is browned and tender when pierced with a fork.
The length of time for roasting depends on how big the cauliflower pieces are, how hot the oven is (oven temperatures vary), what type of baking sheet you are using (a cast iron pan will roast quicker than aluminum, for example) and which rack in the oven you are using.
Your best bets is to check the cauliflower after 5 minutes on the second side, then continue roasting if necessary.
- Squeeze lemon juice over cauliflower. Taste, and add salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
What's the nutritional benefit of cauliflower?
"Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous vegetable (or Brassicaceae) family- along with broccoli, cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts and some other less common varieties.
Due to recent search, Brassica crops like cauliflower are now highly correlated with preventing chronic diseases including cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, neurodegenerative disorders, and various forms of cancers, just to name a few.
A one-cup serving of cauliflower contains:
- 29 calories
- Close to zero grams of fat, sodium, or sugar
- 73% daily value (DV) of Vitamin C
- 19% DV of Vitamin K
- 15% DV of folate
- 13% DV of pantothenic acid
- 12% DV of Vitamin B6
- 11% DV of choline
- 11% DV of fiber
- 9% DV of Omega-3 fatty acids"
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|