|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 12 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||43%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 8 tablespoons butter / 1 stick (softened)
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup rum, or use 1/4 cup more of the eggnog with 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix
- For the Rum Glaze:
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons rum (or use milk and rum flavoring)
Generously grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan. Heat the oven to 325 F.
Beat the 8 tablespoons of butter until light; beat in eggs, eggnog, and 1/4 cup of rum or rum flavoring. Add vanilla, nutmeg, and cake mix. Beat slowly to combine, then beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
Spoon into the prepared Bundt cake pan.
Bake the cake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a cake tester or a long wooden pick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake.
Cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a serving plate or cake tray and cool completely.
Combine the powdered sugar with the 2 tablespoons of rum and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Add milk or eggnog to thin, if necessary. Add more powdered sugar if too thin.
Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.