|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This is an easy salmon casserole recipe with peas, eggs, and cheddar cheese. Bread crumbs and cheese make a delicious topping for the casserole. The salmon and vegetables are seasoned with dill and red bell pepper.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (approximately 15 ounces) salmon, drained, picked over, flaked
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4). Butter an 11-by-7-by-2-inch baking pan.
Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl; stir in soup, dill, and ground pepper until blended.
Add the flaked salmon, thawed peas, half of the cheese, bell pepper, onion, and bread crumbs. Stir to blend ingredients.
Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and continue baking for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.