|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is an excellent cream sauce to use with shrimp, scallops, lobster, or fish. The sauce is made with a touch of sherry—just enough to brighten the flavor of the fish or shellfish. Quick to make, this sherry cream sauce will be a popular addition to your repertoire. Spoon some sauce over baked halibut, haddock, snapper, or any other mild white fish or seafood.
A dash of Creole seasoning or freshly grated nutmeg is optional and can add extra flavor and color to the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon shallot or onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon clam, shrimp, or lobster base
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry or white wine (dry)
- Dash Kosher salt
- Dash black pepper (freshly ground)
- Optional: Dash paprika
- Optional: Dash Creole or Cajun seasoning
- Optional: Pinch ground nutmeg
Gather the ingredients.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
Press garlic or smash it with the side of a knife and then mince it very finely.
Add minced garlic to butter. Add 1 tablespoon chopped onion and 1 teaspoon clam base. Sauté for about 1 minute.
Add 1 cup cream and 2 tablespoons sherry; bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes to reduce the sauce by about 1/4 to 1/3.
Taste and add salt and pepper, along with other seasonings you might like.
For extra color and flavor, add a dash of paprika, Cajun seasoning, or nutmeg to the sauce.
- The seafood base adds flavor, but you may omit it or use a seafood bouillon or chicken base if necessary.
- Serve baked or grilled seafood or fish fillets with rice or pasta and drizzle with a few tablespoons of sauce.
- Enjoy it with pasta dishes, such as ravioli, lasagna, or penne.