This chicken skillet recipe makes a nice meal for any night of the week. Use canned or frozen peaches in this recipe.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups sliced peaches, canned or frozen
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon leaf basil, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 chicken legs with thighs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a saucepan, combine orange juice, peaches, brown sugar, vinegar, nutmeg, basil, and garlic. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a bowl or food storage bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the coated chicken pieces in the hot oil.
- Remove the chicken and pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Put chicken pieces back in the skillet and add the hot fruit mixture. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||84 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||38 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|