This pepper steak recipe is made with round steak or flank steak, and it is delicious over rice or noodles.
- 3 tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds round or flank steak, cut into 1/4-inch wide strips
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 large green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Heat the oil or butter over medium-high Brown the meat in 2 or 3 batches so that each batch just covers the bottom of the skillet without crowding. Remove meat and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium; saute onions and celery for 5 minutes.
- Return the steak strips to skillet; add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil.
- Add peppers; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch, soy sauce, and water in small dish; stir into meat mixture. Cook until thick and clear, about 1 minute.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|