|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 portions (6 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This pepper steak recipe is made with round steak or flank steak, and it is delicious over rice or noodles.
- 3 tablespoons butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds round or flank steak (cut into 1/4-inch wide strips)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 large green bell peppers (seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
Heat the oil or butter over medium-high Brown the meat in 2 or 3 batches so that each batch just covers the bottom of the skillet without crowding. Remove meat and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium; saute onions and celery for 5 minutes.
Return the steak strips to skillet; add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil.
Add peppers; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Blend cornstarch, soy sauce, and water in a small dish; stir into meat mixture. Cook until thick and clear, about 1 minute.