|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This tasty pepper steak recipe is a combination of tender steak strips, red and green bell pepper, tomatoes, and soy sauce. This Asian-inspired American dish has become a favorite meal for many families.
We use sirloin steak in this dish, but flank steak or top round steak would be good as well. This version is made with the addition of Cajun or Creole seasoning. If you don't have it, use another seasoning blend or seasoned salt mixture. Serve the pepper steak with hot cooked rice.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak or sirloin tips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (halved and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper or seasoned pepper blend
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning blend or seasoned salt
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 cup beef broth (preferably unsalted or low sodium)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- salt (to taste)
- Cooked rice
Gather the ingredients.
Cut the beef into thin strips.
Heat olive oil in a skillet or sauté pan over medium heat; add steak strips. Cook, stirring until steak is browned.
Add onion, garlic powder, pepper, Cajun or Creole seasoning or seasoned salt and cook, stirring, until onion is tender.
Add the pepper strips and beef broth; cook for about 3 to 5 minutes longer.
Add tomatoes and soy sauce and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Taste and add salt as needed.
Serve with hot cooked rice.