A slow cooker, condensed soups, leftover ham, and frozen corn make this a fuss-free and delicious soup for quick winter meals.
Serve cornbread or crackers for a hearty, warming cold weather dinner.
- 2 cans (about 10 1/2 ounces each) condensed potato soup
- 1 can (about 10 12 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 cups leftover diced ham
- 1 cup chopped frozen onion or finely chopped fresh onion
- 10 to 12 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chicken broth
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
Combine the condensed soups, ham, onion, corn, chicken broth, and pepper in the slow cooker crockery insert.
Cover and cook the soup on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Add milk or cream, cover, and continue cooking for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the chowder is hot.
Serve with biscuits or cornbread and a tossed salad.