These soft pretzels make a great snack for any occasion. For big mall-style yeast pretzels, take a look at these delicious soft pretzels. Not only are they tasty but they require no yeast to make, which means they're easy and quick!
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup/2 ounces cheese (shredded mild Cheddar)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 medium egg (beaten)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (coarse)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add cheese and milk, stirring until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead about 12 times.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 12x8-inch rectangle.
- Cut dough lengthwise into eight 1-inch strips.
- Twist each into a pretzel shape; brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets and bake at 400 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes on wire racks; serve pretzels warm.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|