You can never have too many chocolate frostings in your repertoire. This is for the times you want a little tang with your sweetness. It’s great on carrot cake, banana cake, and pound cake. Don’t you think this would be good topped with sliced bananas? I do.
For a chocolate frosting with no tang, just nice sweetness, try this chocolate buttercream frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick, unsalted, at room temperature)
- 3 cups powdered sugar (or as needed)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (pure)
- In a medium sized bowl combine the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, sour cream and
vanilla with an electric mixture. Beat on medium speed until very fluffy.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|