This is an easy and delicious peach bread pudding, made with sweetened condensed milk and diced canned peaches. Serve this bread pudding with a caramel or butterscotch sauce.
Use a good quality bread in the recipe. I used day-old French bread in the bread pudding pictured, but a rich brioche bread or rolls or challah would be excellent. Canned diced apricots may be used in the bread pudding as well.
- 4 cups torn French bread
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups canned peaches (undrained)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Butter an 11-by-7-inch baking dish or a shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Put the torn bread pieces in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place a colander or sieve over a bowl and drain the peaches. Reserve 1/2 cup of the peach juice. Dice the peaches and set the juice and peaches aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and eggs; blend well with an electric mixer or whisk.
- Add the drained diced peaches and the 1/2 cup of reserved peach juice to the milk and egg mixture along with hot water, melted butter, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add the torn bread pieces to the peach mixture and stir gently, moistening the bread completely.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the peach bread pudding for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread pudding slightly and serve warm with ice cream, whipped topping, or a dessert sauce.
- Cover the pudding and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|