- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 ounce can crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or freshly grated nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 9-inch round cake pan. Place butter and nuts in pan. Heat in oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir in brown sugar and syrup. Spread mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Remove dough from can, but do not separate or unroll. With a serrated knife, cut into 6 large or 12 small slices. Combine sugar and cinnamon in shallow-sided bowl. Dip both sides of dough in sugar mixture.
Evenly space rolls in pan. Sprinkle any remaining sugar over top of rolls. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes. Cool for 1 minute. Place plate upside down over pan. Invert pan and plate onto serving platter. Spoon any remaining drippings over rolls. Serve warm.