This is a simple stovetop beef stroganoff made with ground beef. A small amount of ketchup is added to the classic sour cream sauce to deepen the flavor.
This is the perfect meal for a busy day. Put some noodles or potatoes on to cook while you cook the ground beef, or use the easy microwave "Ready Rice." You'll have a delicious meal in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth, chicken broth, or water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ketchup, to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are golden brown. Remove the onions and mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
- Add the ground beef to the same skillet and cook, breaking up and stirring, until the beef is no longer pink. Add the flour and continue cooking, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the broth or water and stir to blend. Add salt and then stir in the sour cream. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of ketchup, or to taste. Heat until hot, but do not boil.
- Serve the stroganoff with hot cooked rice, egg noodles, or potatoes.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|