This is a simple candied sweet potato casserole made with layers of sweet potatoes and apples. Brown sugar, butter, nutmeg, and citrus juice make up the flavorful glaze for the sweet potatoes and apples.
Feel free to add a handful of fresh cranberries to the casserole to counter the sweetness. Or add some toasted pecan halves or a streusel topping to the dish for extra crunch.
- 3 medium apples
- 1/4 cup orange juice or fresh lemon juice
- 6 medium cooked sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/4 to 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Peel and slice apples into a bowl; add juice and toss to coat. Butter a 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole dish; alternate sliced sweet potatoes and apples until the baking dish is full.
- Mix the sugar, butter, and nutmeg together. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apples and sweet potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until browned and glazed.
You Might Also Like
Classic Sweet Potato Casserole
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|