|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
The tuna melts can be served as a snack, lunch, or family dinner with fries and pickles and extra sliced tomatoes or a tossed salad. And kids love them! Tuna salad is mounded on sliced English muffins and then they're topped with sliced tomatoes and cheese. The cheese is melted under the broiler.
For a quick and easy weeknight meal, try these tasty tuna melts.
- 4 English muffins (split and lightly toasted)
- 1 can (6 to 7 ounces) white tuna in water (drained)
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons green onion(thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash pepper (or to taste)
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese (or Monterey Jack, or American)
- 2 tablespoons green onion (sliced)
- Dash freshly ground pepper
Heat oven to 350 F.
Arrange the split muffins on a cookie sheet which has been lined with foil or a silicone baking mat.
In a medium bowl, combine tuna with celery, 2 to 4 tablespoons green onion, and mayonnaise; blend all ingredients well. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon tuna mixture evenly over the muffins. Top each sandwich with a thin slice of tomato. Bake for 8 minutes; top with cheese slices then bake for about 2 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle each sandwich with green onion and a freshly ground black or seasoned pepper.
Serves 4 to 8, depending on appetite and whether they are served at lunch or dinner.
You Might Also Like